I was born on Thanksgiving Day. I love White Castle. This is natural selection.
Dwight’s cheese-slider stuffing
Servings: 10 3/4 cup servings
Cost: about US $0.75 per serving
- 2 tablespoons lard : or any cooking oil [cooking grease] of your choice
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter : 1 stick
- 2 cups diced celery : about 4 medium stalks
- ½ cup chopped onion : about 1 medium
- 12 White Castle® cheeseburgers, without pickles : thawed if frozen
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley leaves
- 1½ teaspoons ground sage
- ¼ teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1¼ teaspoons ground thyme
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease 9x13-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Chop, or break apart, cheeseburger sliders into 9-12 pieces each, put into large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter and sauté diced celery and chopped onion for 4–5 minutes.
- In medium bowl whisk together low-sodium chicken broth, large eggs, black pepper, parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.
- Add sautéd celery and onion to broth mixture and thoroughly combine.
- Add combined mixture to prepared cheese sliders and thoroughly combine. Hah!
- Evenly spread final combined mixture in prepared 9x13-inch baking pan and cover with aluminum foil. Set timer for 20 minutes and bake in preheated 350ºF oven.
- When 20-minute timer goes off, remove aluminum foil and continue baking for 10 minutes.
Adapted from the original White Castle Turkey Stuffing recipe
Page created 2020-03-09 Page updated 2020-03-09